Body Condition Score 9 – Obese
The crease down the back is obvious. Patchy fat will appear over the ribs. The fat around the tailhead is bulging; fat along the withers, behind the shoulders, and along the neck are also obvious. Fat is along the inner thighs (aka twist area) and may appear to rub together; the flank area is also filled with fat. Rump is apple shape Rump is round and apple shape.
- Patchy fat can be seen over the ribs, neck, behind the shoulder and the flank area is also filled with fat.
- Noticeable thickening of the neck; “fat ripples“ are wider.
- Crease down the back is obvious.
- The fat around the tailhead is bulging.
- Rump is apple shape.
- Note the ripple effect of the fat in areas of the horse’s body.