Today is June 22nd, which means it’s Take Your Dog to Work Day! How many of you brought your buddy with you to the job? Are lucky enough to be able to bring their dog to work every day?
We are seeing a trend that more and more companies are allowing employees to bring well behaved pets with them to the office on a regular basis. This perk is joining the list of more traditional benefits like gym memberships or subsidized childcare. Perhaps because for millennials in the work force, pets are important family members too!
Caring for animals has many physical and emotional health benefits, and those carry over to a work setting. They are a great source of stress relief and contribute to a more relaxed atmosphere. Animals also help people be more social, and break the ice in tense or uncomfortable situations. Rough meeting? It’s a good thing you have a friendly furry face waiting for you back in your office, ready to love you unconditionally.
Interested in getting hired at a dog friendly company? Here is a short list of a few companies to look into!
- Bissell – Grand Rapids, MI
- Amazon – Seattle, WA
- Zynga – San Francisco, CA
- Salesforce – San Francisco, CA
- Google – Mountain View, CA
- WorkDay – Pleasanton, CA
- Zoosk – San Francisco, CA
- Ticketmaster – Beverly Hills, CA
- Petplan – Philadelphia, PA
- Replacements – Greensboro, NC
- One Call Now – Troy, OH
- G5 – Bend, OR
- AnchorFree – Redwood City, CA
- TRX – San Francisco, CA
- Kimpton – San Francisco, CA
- VMWare – Palo Alto, CA
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – St. Louis, MO
- Autodesk – San Rafael, CA
- Activision Blizzard – Irvine, CA